- Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 high volume backend for consumer web and mobile applications.
- Design and develop highly scalable database designs in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Design and develop micro-services using Java technologies
- Work with QA to develop test plans
- Write unit test cases for new and existing development
- Support and maintain legacy and new system on daily basis
- Write design review documents for new projects or features
- Review codes from other team members
- Mentor Junior engineers and get them up to speed
- Evaluate and optimize performance of different parts of the system
- Evaluate new technologies for different use cases and develop proof of concept.
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment.
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) in agile development process.
- Develop new frameworks for supporting new architecture/technology
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix bugs in the system
- BS or MS in CS (or equivalent) and 8+ years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (solid understanding of HTTP protocol, SOAP protocol and REST services).
- Strong knowledge of OOP (Java/C#) and DBMS (Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/Cassandra/MariaDB).
- Experience working with complex data models, large databases, extensive reporting and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Passionate about programming.
- Ability to maintain good technical documentation.
- Experience in the design and development of large scale client/server and multi-tier software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (client and server side).
- Experience in a high-availability and mission-critical environment.
- Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
- Strongly prefer candidates who have internet and/or start-up company experience.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- Java, Spring, JMS, Kafka, Scala, Maven, distributed databases/systems.
- JSON, Web services based on SOAP or REST.
- Keen to learn about new technology, frameworks and languages.
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology Inc (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital marketing platform that provides technology and services to consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands and retailers to seamlessly target audiences, optimize marketing performance and drive sales. Through its proprietary cloud platforms: Promotions, Media, Audience, and Analytics, Quotient offers a powerful suite of solutions, including personalized digital coupons and advertising. Quotient’s shopper and data network is unparalleled, with retail partners representing almost $400 Billion in sales and more than 20 million monthly unique mobile visitors through its Coupons.com properties. By combining technology, data and distribution, Quotient serves hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California with offices across the US, as well as internationally in Bangalore, Paris, and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.