As a Java engineer, you will design and create the next-generation Media and Location Intelligence platforms. Our big data platform is handling more than 200K events per second and growing every month. As a result, we face large scale challenges of processing dozens of TB of data on a daily basis, analyzing it and extracting various insights. Our ambition is to offer our clients the capability to plan campaigns accurately and efficiently, gain powerful insights and to understand location trends. As a Java engineer, you will work to scale the system, process huge amounts of data efficiently and to write maintainable, modular and elegant code.
What you’ll do
- Design and create data pipelines for the location intelligence web application which is used by our clients for planning and analysis of campaigns.
- Write well-designed, elegant, testable and efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Refactor existing code, from time to time, to improve maintainability.
- Supervise the production environment to make sure it’s performing well.
What you’ll bring
- BSc in Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- Deep understanding of Java and the JVM
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Background in data processing
- High sense of responsibility for code from design to production
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
- Passion for quality and clean code, excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism.
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Experience with multi-threaded systems
- Self Learner
- Can do attitude
- Master's in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Big Data processing
- Experience in designing and creating large scalable systems
- Experience working with GCP / AWS
- Experience with open source java libraries
- Affinity to data science oriented tasks