Platform Software Engineer
The ideal software engineering candidate will have strong analytical skills, effective communication skills, be independent, self-motivated, able to work efficiently in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 consumer internet applications.
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment.
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures).
- BS in CS (or equivalent) and 2+ years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
- Strong hands on skills in - Web Technologies (WebServices/SOAP/REST/HTTP).
- Strong knowledge of OOP (Java/C#/PHP) and DBMS (SQL Server/Oracle/Cassandra/MySQL).
- Ideal (but not required) skills: experience with complex data models, large databases, machine learning, reporting and data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Passionate about programming.
- Ability to maintain good technical document.
- Experience in the design and development of client/server and multi-tier software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (full stack).
- Experience in a high-availability and mission-critical environment.
- Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
- Strongly prefer candidates who have had previous internet and/or start-up company experience.