Sr. Software Engineer
- Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 high volume backend for consumer web and mobile applications.
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in demanding production environment.
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) in agile development process.
- Design and develop REST APIs for platform using Java, Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, MariaDB, Redis.
- Develop database schemas and SQL queries for MariaDB
- Develop backend jobs in Java using SpringBatch framework to process data and feeds.
- Write Unit tests to maintain quality of all developed code.
- Maintain existing codebase and fix issues as they arise.
- Develop cloud native solutions using GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Learn new technologies and contribute to development of proof-of-concept applications.
- BS or MS in CS (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 4+ years (6+ years for Bachelors) of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (solid understanding of HTTP protocol, SOAP protocol and REST services). Strong knowledge of OOP (Java/C#/PHP) and DBMS(Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/Cassandra/MariaDB).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Passionate about programming.
- Ability to maintain good technical documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (client and server side).
- Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- Java, Spring, JMS, Kafka, Scala, Maven, distributed databases/systems.
- JSON, Web services based on SOAP or REST.
- Keen to learn about new technology, frameworks and languages.
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology is the leading digital promotions, media and analytics company that delivers personalized digital coupons and ads – informed by proprietary shopper and online engagement data – to millions of shoppers daily. We use our proprietary Promotions, Media, Audience and Analytics Cloud Platforms and services to seamlessly target audiences, optimize performance, and deliver measurable, incremental sales for CPG and retail marketers. We serve hundreds of CPGs and retailers nationwide, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Ahold-Delhaize USA. Quotient is based in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Bangalore, Cincinnati, New York, Paris and London, and Tel Aviv. Visit www.quotient.com for more information.
Quotient is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), religion, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, marital or registered domestic partner status, veteran status, legally protected medical conditions, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.