At Quotient we are transforming shopping to make life better. To do so, we are adding a Back-End Developer to the team!
Quotient is the leading digital media and promotions technology company, it is a Nasdaq listed company (NYSE: QUOT) with more than 1000 employees internationally!
As a Back-End Developer on the Sponsored Search engineering team, you’ll be developing and supporting at the cutting edge of online sponsored product media. You will play a key role in technical integrations between e-commerce retailers and the Quotient Sponsored Search solution. You will develop high-quality, extensible solutions matching retailer requirements and assist the engineering team in pushing forward the Sponsored Search technical solution. Exemplary communication skills, an ability to work independently and excellent Java skills are essential, as is knowledge of the Spring framework for building web applications. The right candidate should be an excellent problem solver and communicator able to produce accurate, robust, well-documented code solutions. The role involves working with US and India based teams and clients so some flexibility on hours is required.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a fast-growing business!
- Small well-knit team of 7 engineers based in the UK.
- Close collaboration with international teams.
- A development culture based on continuous improvement and collaboration.
Flexible working policy allowing working from home on a regular basis.
You love technical challenges and you have a strong product sensitivity that helps you find relevant and pragmatic solutions. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fit into a friendly and professional engineering team.
- Competitive salary according to experience.
- Bonus scheme.
- Modern, well located office boasting a range of facilities.
- Learning opportunities on new technologies.
- Regular review process and opportunities for career progression.
What you’ll do:
- Work with retailer engineering teams on technical integrations with the Quotient Sponsored Search solution.
- Take ownership of technical relationships with retailers; gather and understand requirements and provide solutions for retailer driven development initiatives.
- Provide second line support to retailer technical support queries.
- Manage own workload across multiple responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met and reactive changes are undertaken promptly.
- Help to develop highly scalable and performant web solutions using the latest best-of-breed technologies with a best-practice approach to code authoring in line with the practices of the Quotient Sponsored Search engineering team.
- Collaborate with the technical team and business teams within Quotient to drive on-time delivery of projects meeting business requirements.
- Self-learning to keep up-to-date with modern technologies, tools and practices.
What you’ll bring:
- 2 - 4 years’ hands-on web development experience, with at least 2 years building modern web applications using Spring and 2 years’ commercial experience developing applications in Java 1.7 and above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong SQL authoring skills for the production of highly performant database interrogation on MySQL databases.
- Highly skilled at fault-finding and reverse engineering code.
- Strong software fundamentals, including object oriented and dynamic programming.
- Experience writing unit test utilizing Junit and Mockito.
- Strong understanding of software platforms and operating systems, including scripting languages and command line use
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet timelines on deliverables.
- Self-starter, sense of urgency, and works well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sense of professionalism and ability to develop relationships.
Quotient (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital media and promotions technology company that creates cohesive omnichannel brand-building and sales-driving opportunities to deliver valuable outcomes for advertisers, retailers and consumers. The Quotient platform is powered by exclusive consumer spending data, location intelligence and purchase intent data to reach millions of shoppers daily and deliver measurable, incremental sales. Quotient partners with leading advertisers and retailers, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Peapod Digital Labs, a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. Quotient is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices across the US as well as in Bangalore, Paris, London and Tel Aviv. For more information visit www.quotient.com
Quotient is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), religion, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, marital or registered domestic partner status, veteran status, legally protected medical conditions, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.