IT Director/ Principal Data Engineer
This position plays a key role leading, planning, collaborating and executing business technology initiatives across various business units. He/She will also play a key role in building data aggregation solutions that are built on properly designed foundation and data definitions that can cater to different levels of user communities across the business units as it relates to Operational Intelligence reports and dashboards. He/She will partner and work with business leaders and users from various areas understand and interpret business requirements, translate into technical specifications and work with team members to implement and deliver solutions.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements
- Lead our Operational Intelligence team, providing the tooling, services, and frameworks that enable self-service data analytics capabilities for internal key stakeholders
- Analyze our existing implementation and revise, design and deliver the next generation data warehouse and storage architecture. Lead technical decisions on the team and functional area.
- Work with partner teams (finance, sales, product, marketing, engineering, etc) to derive insights from our data and find opportunities that can create value for the business.
- Train and educate internal partners on data access, reporting, and analysis tools
- Ensure data teams deliver with high quality and predictability
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, that often requires shifting prioritization. Deliver on commitments and delight our internal customers.
- Be a critical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Most importantly have a “can do” attitude and work closely with the business functions to come with solutions.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or other highly technical discipline
- 7+ years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience (mastery of SQL, Data Warehousing, Python and experience with Big Data, stream processing and the AWS environment required)
- 3+ years experience leading multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a multi-functional environment and managing people and teams in Data Engineering
- Experience gathering and exploring data from multiple sources using a scripting language (Python preferred)
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- Solid grasp of and experience with implementing and operating Software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban)
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior Enterprise Data Warehouse implementation experience
- Successful Partnerships with Business Functions
- Establish Data Quality and Governance Standards
- Building Scalable Data Solutions
Quotient Technology Inc. (NYSE: QUOT), formerly Coupons.com, is a leading digital promotion and media platform that connects brands, retailers and consumers. We distribute digital offers and media through a variety of products, including digital printable coupons, digital paperless coupons, coupon codes, and card linked offers. We operate Retailer iQ™, a real-time digital coupon platform that connects directly into a retailer’s point-of-sale system and provides targeting and analytics for manufacturers and retailers. We also power digital coupon initiatives in online marketing campaigns, including display and video advertising. Our distribution network includes our flagship site, Coupons.com, approximately 30,000 third-party publishers, as well as our mobile applications, Coupons.com, the Coupons.com App for the Apple Watch, Grocery iQ®, and those of our many partners. Clients include hundreds of consumer-packaged goods companies, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, as well as top retailers like Albertsons-Safeway, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, the company is based in Mountain View, Calif., and is bringing the multibillion dollars offline promotions industry into the digital world.