Senior Software Engineer, Java
As a Sr. Java engineer, you will design and create the next-generation Media and Location Intelligence platforms. Our big data platform is handling more than 200K events per second and growing every month. As a result, we face large scale challenges of processing huge amounts of data, analyzing it and extracting various insights. Our ambition is to offer our clients the ability to gain powerful insights and to understand location trends. As a Sr. Java engineer, you will work to scale the system, help build and improve our new platform, and implement algorithms to calculate insights efficiently and elegantly.
What you’ll do
- Design and create the backend for the location intelligence web application which will be used by our clients.
- Design and Develop the location intelligence processing system which is responsible for providing high quality analytics and insights.
- Write well-designed, elegant, testable and efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Refactor existing code, from time to time, to improve maintainability.
- Supervise the production environment to make sure it’s performing well.
- Act as a resource for Engineers with less experience.
- Explore technologies and architectural changes to improve performance.
What you’ll bring
- BSc in Computer Science
- Deep understanding of Java and the JVM
- 5+ years of experience with several web applications and large scale systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- High sense of responsibility for code from design to production
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
- Passion for quality and clean code, excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism.
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Experience with multi-threaded systems
- Master's in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in designing and creating large scalable systems
- Experience working with gCloud / AWS
- Experience with open source java libraries
- Experience with Spring/Spring boot
- Experience with data science oriented tasks
Ubimo, a Quotient brand, is a Location Intelligence technology company that powers Out-of-Home sales, planning, measurement, and programmatic buying. The audience building capabilities allow Ubimo to activate real-world behaviors by unifying cross-device and online/offline data, creating granular views of shopper foot traffic, and improving campaign performance.
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology is the leading digital promotions, media and analytics company that delivers personalized digital coupons and ads – informed by proprietary shopper and online engagement data – to millions of shoppers daily. We use our proprietary Promotions, Media, Audience and Analytics Cloud Platforms and services to seamlessly target audiences, optimize performance, and deliver measurable, incremental sales for CPG and retail marketers. We serve hundreds of CPGs and retailers nationwide, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Ahold-Delhaize USA. Quotient is based in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Bangalore, Cincinnati, New York, Paris and London, and Tel Aviv. Visit www.quotient.com for more information.