Sr Manager, Engineering - Platform
Quotient is growing and we are looking for a entrepreneurial, hands on leader to join our engineering team. This person will have the opportunity to bring thought leadership to the table, and work with geographically dispersed teams. The right candidate will have the knowledge, expertise and drive to take our engineering team to the next level.
This person will work with Quotient’s RetailerIQ platform which processes more than 3 billion coupon activations per year and 50 million API calls per day. Platform clients include major retailer point of sale systems, websites and mobile applications. RetailerIQ runs on a hybrid cloud with technologies such as Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes, Spring, Spark, elastic search and Redis. So experience in a similar setting using similar technology is highly preferred.
What you will do:
- Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 enterprise web services platform
- Lead a team in completing large projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment
- Review and approve architecture for complex technical projects and infrastructure upgrades
- Responsible for team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) while functioning within the process and disciplines
- Work collaboratively among cross-functional groups (Product Management, Production Operations, Business Intelligence, Professional Services) and other engineering teams
- Build the capabilities needed to deliver the overall team’s short-term and long-term goals
- Work closely with recruiting team to recruit software development engineers
- Perform team management tasks including mentoring, coaching, goal setting and performance measurement
- Work closely with Production Operations and SRE teams in keeping platform services perform within the SLAs
- Lead and support the team in agile scrum development process with bi-weekly production releases
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent required; Masters’ preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience in managing teams of 10 or more
- Demonstrated experience in product development, production rollout/monitoring with proven ability to handle production escalations and support as needed
- Strong experience in Java and web programming
- Experience in development with high volume databases, preferably NO SQL databases
- Experience in supporting large scale systems and performance tuning
- Ability to recruit and retain high performing team members
- Ability to collaborate and drive projects with cross functional teams
- Flexibility of schedule in order to meet with team members and stakeholders located in Boston, Bangalore, New York, Paris and Tel Aviv.
- Experience in developing web services and integrating with external services is a plus
- Interest in learning new technologies, frameworks and question the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written skills
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology Inc. (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital promotions, media and analytics company using proprietary data to deliver personalized digital coupons and ads to millions of shoppers daily. Our core platform, Quotient Retailer iQ™, connects to a retailer’s point-of-sale system and provides targeting and analytics for consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands and retailers. Our distribution network also includes our Coupons.com app and website, thousands of publishing partners and, in Europe, the Shopmium mobile app. We serve hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. We operate Crisp Mobile, which creates mobile ads aimed at shoppers, and Ahalogy, a leading influencer marketing firm. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California, with offices across the U.S., in Bangalore, India; Paris and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.