Media Sales Planner
Media Planner Job Description
Support Quotients sales team by building campaign proposals in response to advertiser or agency RFPs and help manage site inventory for our media units. This includes building comprehensive media plans, pulling available inventory, creating compelling proposals which emphasize the value of Quotient’s media offerings in relation to campaign objectives and strategies. The Media Planners will also be responsible for working with Ad Ops and Account Management teams to determine inventory levels and traffic patterns to discuss pricing and allocation, as well as their coupon counterparts to develop fully integrated, creative and strategic advertising programs. The Media Planner is also responsible for creating audiences in our DMP (BlueKai) so the Planner is expected to understand how to utilize our 1st party and 3rd party data to ensure we are meeting both our client and company objectives.
- Ability to quickly and effectively build excel-based media plans in both various agency formats.
- Good understanding of technologies and technical aspects used in digital advertising and reporting, various targeting methodologies, as well as site- and third-party serving approaches.
- Strong Excel formatting skills, including an understanding of equations for summing impressions and calculating eCPMs and SOVs.
- Knowledge of research tools used by media planners and buyers (Nielsen @Plan and NetView) is a plus. Ability to manage multiple requests and deadlines concurrently, and stay flexible and professional under pressure.
- Clear understanding of time-sensitivity around due dates of proposals.
- Three years in a digital ad sales planning role, and experience working in Ad Servers (DFP), DSPs (MediaMath), Facebook Business Manager and DMP’s (BlueKai).
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, accounting, or other business-related field is required.