Revenue Accounting Manager
At Quotient we are transforming shopping to make life better. To do so, we are adding a Revenue Accounting Manager to the team!
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Revenue, this position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Company’s revenue accounting by providing leadership, accounting expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. This is a high-profile position with interactions and dependencies with corporate accounting, FP&A, sales, operations, and executive management. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, audit experience, and a CPA/CA, with in-depth knowledge of accounting operations and experience in mentoring a team in a public company environment. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills and is detail oriented and hands-on.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with IT development team to maintain the NetSuite revenue modules, including running scripts, clearing exceptions, creating saved searches, planning and executing user acceptance testing
- Perform deferred revenue and unbilled receivables analyses on a monthly basis ensuring ongoing compliance with GAAP
- Review coupon code revenue and receivable balances and related reserve analysis
- Review multiple element arrangements, identify deliverables and allocate contract consideration to the time based and separate units of accounting
- Enhance processes used to generate deferred revenue data and SSP values
- Lead and improve accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal and Operation Teams to review and evaluate impact of MSA terms and conditions for revenue recognition
- Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to document Company’s position on revenue transactions
- Support Technical Accounting Team on revenue-related reporting matters including Form 10Q and Form 10K disclosures
- Coordinate ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance for revenue related controls
- Collaborate with external audit staff for interim and year-end audit procedures and sign-off
- Work with cross-functional organizations to streamline the order-to-cash processes, workflows and reduce monthly revenue close cycles
What you’ll bring:
- 6-8 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, mentor, coach and lead a team in organizing and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team.
- Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret with excellent attention to detail.
Quotient (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital media and promotions technology company that creates cohesive omnichannel brand-building and sales-driving opportunities to deliver valuable outcomes for advertisers, retailers and consumers. The Quotient platform is powered by exclusive consumer spending data, location intelligence and purchase intent data to reach millions of shoppers daily and deliver measurable, incremental sales. Quotient partners with leading advertisers and retailers, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Peapod Digital Labs, a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. Quotient is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices across the US as well as in Bangalore, Paris, London and Tel Aviv. For more information visit www.quotient.com
Quotient is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), religion, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, marital or registered domestic partner status, veteran status, legally protected medical conditions, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.