Software Engineer, Java
As a Java engineer, you will design and create the next-generation Media and Location Intelligence platforms. Our big data platform is handling more than 200K events per second and growing every month. As a result, we face large-scale challenges of processing huge amounts of data, analyzing it, and extracting various insights. Our ambition is to offer our clients the ability to gain powerful insights and to understand location trends. As a Java engineer, you will work to scale the system, help build and improve our new platform, and implement algorithms to calculate insights efficiently and elegantly.
What you’ll do
● Design and create the backend for the location intelligence web application which will be used by our clients.
● Design and Develop the location intelligence processing system which is responsible for providing high-quality analytics and insights.
● Write well-designed, elegant, testable, and efficient code.
● Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
● Refactor existing code, from time to time, to improve maintainability.
● Supervise the production environment to make sure it’s performing well.
● BSc in Computer Science
● Deep understanding of Java and the JVM
● 2+ years of experience with several web applications and large scale systems
● Experience with relational and non-relational databases
● High sense of responsibility for code from design to production
● Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment.
● Passion for quality and clean code, excellent attention to detail.
● Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism.
● Experience with unit testing
● Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
● Experience with multi-threaded systems● Experience with Python
● Experience in designing and creating large scalable systems
● Experience working with gCloud / AWS
● Experience with open source java libraries
● Experience with data science-oriented tasks
● Focus on bringing automation to scale
● Drive engineering & operational excellence
● Collaborate with the product management team
● Support group-wide R&D initiatives