Production Support Engineer
Role Description: To support our continued business growth in the US and in international markets, we are setting up a world class product development and operations support center in Bangalore India. We are looking for people with a passion for innovation and creative use of new technologies in building consumer applications in a retail domain.
We're looking for a talented and driven Production Platform Engineers. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for helping customers resolve technical questions related to the Coupons platform, integration and set up. Candidate will be a key part of our Client Success strategy helping integrate new clients and working with both Tier 1 support as well as engineering for Tier 3 support. Candidates must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem resolution and communication skills, including ability to communicate with customers via phone, face to face, and in written correspondences.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Production Platform Engineers, looking to learn and grow and also take advantage of their existing skill set.
- Main escalation point for Level 2 Support for technical support issues.
- Be prompt and provide high quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
- Requires the ability to take full ownership and control of an issue, to develop and maintain excellent relationships with all our clients and partners, and to help in continuously improving the support service to maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of the platform architecture.
- Expertise in analyzing logs to isolate problems.
- Expertise in querying DB and analyzing the data returned as part of troubleshooting the issue.
- Collect logs and data to assist in ongoing investigation of underlying defects.
- Interact directly with our partners and clients to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Work with other teams as required to identify and report defects, find incident fixes and validate enhancement requests.
- Notify the management team of any potential escalations.
- Escalate where appropriate.
- Mentor and train Tier 1 support members.
- Work in rotational shifts and provide on-call support as needed.
- B.Tech/M.tech (or equivalent) with at-least 2-4 years hands on experience in code development and/or technical support.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including documentation.
- Past coding experience in core web technologies; Java or ASP.Net
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Understanding of one or more relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) including the ability to run queries and analyze the output.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux Server operating systems.
- Understanding of Java, Spring framework and how REST APIs work.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Working knowledge of Cassandra.
- Experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios, Splunk, Extra Hop or Systems Center is highly desired.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Java, C++, Powershell, etc. to automate tasks and gather data.
- Knowledge on ITSM framework is a plus.
Quotient (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital media and promotions technology company that creates cohesive omnichannel brand-building and sales-driving opportunities to deliver valuable outcomes for advertisers, retailers and consumers. The Quotient platform is powered by exclusive consumer spending data, location intelligence and purchase intent data to reach millions of shoppers daily and deliver measurable, incremental sales. Quotient partners with leading advertisers and retailers, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Peapod Digital Labs, a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. Quotient is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices across the US as well as in Bangalore, Paris, London and Tel Aviv. For more information visit www.quotient.com
Quotient is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), religion, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, marital or registered domestic partner status, veteran status, legally protected medical conditions, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws