Vice President, Finance
Quotient is growing and we are looking for a Vice President, Finance. Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, this is a critical and highly visible role within the company. The VP, Finance will help to drive, build and scale the company’s finance organization. More specifically, they will lead key areas of the finance function including strategic planning, financial planning & analysis, finance business partnering with business leadership, forecasting and reporting. Outside of the finance function, the VP, Finance will partner closely with teams including Sales & Marketing, Engineering, the executive leadership team, external stakeholders and the board.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and nimble professional who thrives on building companies and enjoys working in a super-charged and evolving environment. This is a pivotal role and a key strategic partner to the executive teams across Quotient as it continues its fast path of growth. It is critical that this person has spent time in large and complex organizations, is comfortable in a highly visible role, at the same time is capable and willing to roll up his/her sleeves and operate within a fast-moving and dynamic growth company.
Stylistically, the successful candidate will be a change agent and a highly process oriented individual who can lead transformation at scale. This includes excellent leadership capabilities, proven business partnering and outstanding communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences both in and outside of finance. The ability to build and foster relationships, and the capability to develop innovative ideas and entrepreneurial solutions are essential. Moreover, s/he will be experienced at working effectively across multiple levels of an organization and building successful cross functional partnerships, influencing and leading through a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
They will work closely with the business to ensure the finance function supports and facilitates growth and works collaboratively with the entire executive team to set the strategic direction for the company’s success. The VP, Finance will offer quality, meaningful analyses and financial perspectives necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning. S/he will also have significant experience in establishing strong business and financial planning processes, budgeting, building strategic frameworks and financial models, driving critical financial decisions, assessing corporate model changes and generating timely financial and management reports. The VP, Finance will lead a finance team across various verticals. This role may be based in Mountain View, CA or Cincinnati, OH. Travel among these sites will be critical.
What you’ll do:
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted advisor with the CEO, CFO, COO and the Executive Leadership team on strategic initiatives, budgeting, reporting and operational models
- Create and establish the annual financial plan that aligns with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Provide insight and recommendations to short- and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization – managing operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Support business teams with sound analytics and decision making around pricing, partnerships and key contracts
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide financial reporting and to automate processes as needed
- Ensure that appropriate financial and compliance processes and procedures are in-place and working
- Support M&A efforts with insightful financial analysis and due diligence
- Enhance and further develop a dynamic, high-performing team, working cross-functionally with all other functions in the company
- Lead financial planning and analysis
- Review long-term financial plans and analyses, including budgeting, forecasting, resource management and multi-year financial plans
- Develop and maintain the annual operating plan and monthly operating budgets
- Prepare and present monthly financial budget reports including monthly P&L, forecast vs. budget and cash flow
- Analyse monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, new product/service offerings and margins
- Ensure that all key stakeholders are provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting which is meaningful to the business
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in finance leadership roles within technology or marketing services
- Public company experience ideally coupled with small/high-growth company familiarity (or experience rotating through various finance roles within a company)
- M&A experience (international & domestic) including performing due diligence and post close integration
- Highly analytical skills with strong business acumen and the ability to transition between the strategic and the detailed (with expert Excel skills)
- Proven experience leading a global team and ability to influence cross functional initiatives
- Hands-on leadership skills with a pragmatic business-focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike, being decisive and action-oriented, where necessary
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams: achieving organizational focus on key priorities, providing clear direction, delegating, actively communicating and coaching/mentoring
- Outstanding communication, organization and presentation skills
Founded in 1998 by Steven Boal and headquartered in Mountain View, California, Quotient Technology, Inc. (NYSE: QUOT / Rev: $400M / Mkt Cap: $981M) is a provider of an industry-leading digital platform that enables consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands and retailers to engage shoppers through personalized and target promotions and media using proprietary data and analytics. Using their core platform, Quotient Retailer iQ™, Quotient Technology, Inc. connects to a retailer’s point-of-sale system and provides targeting and analytics to CPG brands and retailers. Their distribution network includes Coupons.com app and website, thousands of publishing partners and Shopmium mobile app in Europe. Serving CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers such as Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens, Quotient Technology, Inc. has over 2,000 brands and retailers that operate about 64,000 stores using their platform to manage and distribute promotional offers, target shopper audiences, and target and display media advertising. They operate Crisp Mobile, which creates mobile ads aimed at shoppers, and Ahalogy, a leading influencer marketing firm. Quotient Technology, Inc. has offices across the U.S., Paris, London and Bangalore.