Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands. We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster. They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
QuinStreet is looking to add a mid-level Database Developer to our new Point of Sale product team. This person will have experience in Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL development and python or shell scripting. This position will place you squarely in the center between business and technology challenges. Your creativity and ingenuity will directly impact new product offerings and company initiatives.
- Develop, design, test, and implement complex database programs using Oracle or MySQL and third-party tools( TOAD, SQL Developer ..etc.).
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Strong experience with oracle functions, procedures, triggers, packages.
- Experience on MySQL programming and shell scripting.
- Build scalable, fault tolerant applications.
- Stay current on the latest technologies.
- Prepare technical correspondence for internal and external use
- Define, document, and execute unit test cases to confirm requirements are met.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of reports technical activities.
- Prepare technical correspondence for internal and external use.
- Development of ETL processes with Oracle/MySQL Integration Services.
- Configure and tune databases for high throughput.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience, consuming, transforming and loading data into production databases/data warehouses
- Extremely proficient in SQL and RDBMSs, preferably MySQL, Oracle, Hive and Amazon Redshift
- Strong understanding of relational modeling
- 3+ years programming knowledge with Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Linux command-line operation and scripting
- Relentless and tenacious when it comes to figuring out solutions to problems
- Sense of humor, team player, good interpersonal skills
- Experience working with BI reporting tools such as Tableau is a plus (nice to have)
- Data streaming / near-real-time data warehousing experience(nice to have)
- Familiarity working with Big Data technologies, Hive and HDFS in particular (nice to have)
- Experience in cleaning inconsistent data and massaging it into standard forms(nice to have)
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.