Automation Quality Assurance Engineer
Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands. We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster. They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all of this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
As a QA Engineer, you will design test plans, write test cases, review functional requirement documentation. You will also participate in QA function of the web platform.
- Design test plans, write test cases, review functional requirement documentation
- Participate in QA function of the web platforms, including Systems and Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance and Load Testing, Compliance Testing
- Design and create automation test cases to perform QA tasks such as system integration, data validation, load testing and performance testing.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify problems in design and/or implementation
- Make decisions in day-to-day operations, proactively raising issues with managers when necessary
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the field of IT with focus on QA and testing of web-based applications.
- A keen analyst with thorough understanding of requirements, translating them into test cases and driving their execution
- Good experience on web applications testing.
- Good experience in Functional Testing, Black-Box testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing and Ad-hoc testing.
- Extensive experience in Client interaction, Requirement Gathering, Issues Clarification during entire SDLC and deriving the Test Scenarios/Conditions based on the Requirements.
- God experience on test case and bug management tools JIRA and Bugzilla
- Professional experience in deriving the Test Scenarios and designing the manual test cases.
- Experience in generating the test data and preparing the weekly status reports, Test Estimation.
- Experience in preparation of execution status reports and Defect reports.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meeting deadline individually or a team.
- Experience in writing SQL complex queries, Database testing.
- Basic Knowledge of developing Java in Selenium Web-driver & Experience in Designing and executing the automation scripts using Selenium-WebDriver.
- Interacted with client to have a better understanding of functionality
- Experience in Unix and shell scripting
- Interacting with business users as a technical liaison, responsible for testing enhancements while improving UI usability.
- Develop Test Strategy, Test Plan and Project Estimation and review with Business Team.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, measuring and managing project risks
- Ensuring timely delivery and timely communication of status reports and test reports to Business team.
- Publishing daily dashboard to Business team in test execution phase
- Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla,
- DB: MS SQL Server, Oracle
- OS: Windows, Mac
- Source Control: SVN, Perforce (good to have)
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.