Senior GL Accounting Manager
Senior Manager of Accounting
Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands. We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster. They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all of this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are seeking an ethical, dependable and diligent individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, growing company. This person must have the ability to quickly grasp the business needs and issues, be comfortable interpreting meaning and relevance from raw data, and present information in an understandable and consistent method. A successful candidate will have a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations, the ability to multitask and self-motivate, and have a flexible, can do attitude.
This position reports to the VP of Finance.
- Own the month end close process and preparation of the monthly financial statements
- Perform analytical review of the financial statements, complete review of all account reconciliations and monthly international financial packages
- Responsible for supervising, training, and mentoring individuals within the accounting team
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP
- Responsible for acquisition accounting including diligence, consolidation, and review of intangible valuation
- Work directly with auditors and tax consultants to coordinate procedures and deliverables for quarterly reviews, annual audit, and tax filings
- Work directly with the VP finance on various accounting/financial reporting projects
- Numerous ad hoc requests should be expected as well
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years’ experience in preparing and recording transactions in accordance with GAAP (straight out of public accounting is ok)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including experience in purchase accounting and valuations
- 2+ years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (excel will be used extensively)
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment; comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive attitude
Big 4 public accounting experience, CPA exams passed (not required but preferred)
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.