Editor in Chief
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online . We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching . They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are seeking an extremely talented Editor-in-Chief, Insurance to lead direction, strategy, operations and execution for our premier Insurance websites – Insurance.com, Insure.com, and CarInsurance.com. At a high level, the role encompasses three areas: Crafting a content strategy that increases brand awareness and drives high intent traffic to our websites, implementing SEO best practices across all content, and scaling a team of writers and experts. Success in this role will materially impact the success of our division.
- Lead direction, strategy, operations and execution for our premier Insurance websites – Insurance.com, Insure.com, and CarInsurance.com – including content strategy, theme and seasonality planning, editorial planning and production, user experience, user engagement, and audience growth.
- Dedicate 50% of time to management and strategic activities and 50% of time to “doing” necessary work, such as assigning, editing, publishing and promoting content.
- Own and deliver revenue and contribution margin targets for our insurance websites.
- Collaborate with staff editors and freelance contributors to produce compelling, data-driven, rich, and cleanly-written content that provides easy-to-understand insights that help our readers make smart insurance decisions while optimizing content for search engines. Offer regular, actionable feedback on writers’ and editors’ work.
- Extend our brands’ reach by identifying highly relevant and timely topics to establish us as thought leaders in the insurance industry. Topics should attract media coverage, social media followers and backlinks from high domain authority sources.
- Ensure our websites maintain a distinctive voice, tone, and perspective in the insurance space. Grow our brands’ reputation and uphold our high editorial standards.
- Collaborate with producer, designer, marketplace, merchandising, and product teams to evolve, grow and differentiate the online insurance research, comparison and shopping experience from other online personal finance and insurance websites.
- Collaborate with PR team to build a panel of experts and influencers for our websites.
- Offer long-term, actionable guidance on editors’ career development - Write performance reviews and work with writers and editors on goal setting; foster creativity within the team.
- Work with data and consumer survey vendors to procure data and launch new tools and surveys to enhance the content on all three websites. Make data-informed decisions about content strategy.
- Find and on-board high-caliber writers and editors to expand our team of editorial staff and freelancers. Collaborate with our team of web producers, business teams, and data analyst to create a deep, unified, and rich user experience on these websites to meet core business goals of increasing traffic and growing revenue.
- Work with senior leaders to set, track and achieve ambitious goals for audience growth, retention, and monetization.
- At least 10 years of editorial, journalism or content marketing experience, with a minimum of five years of experience successfully managing teams of writers or editors.
- Willing to embrace a manager and “doer” role; would never say, “That task is beneath me.”
- Experience writing and editing for the insurance industry.
- Deep knowledge of consumer insurance products, including auto, home, life, health, and Medicare insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to meet publishing volume and quality goals.
- Successful history managing content spend against budget(s).
- Proven track record growing consumer audience and driving engagement while meeting revenue goals. Good understanding of Google algorithms, Google Analytics, SEO, and Social media platforms – up-to-date knowledge on digital media trends and platforms.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change— Organic media landscape will continue to change/evolve.
- Solid experience in hiring, training, and coaching, with the ability to offer clear guidance and deliver constructive criticism, including negative reviews if necessary.
- Soft skills, including the ability to lead by example in an environment that encourages every employee to continuously improve.
- Comfort with sourcing and evaluating data and extracting conclusions that are helpful to consumers.
- Experience identifying and connecting with new distribution partners from across the media landscape.
- Ability to collaborate with remote team members spanning multiple time zones, both throughout the U.S. and in India.
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.