Director of Operations
Headquartered in Houston, Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of components sold to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the building products industry. Quanex designs and produces energy-efficient fenestration products in addition to kitchen and bath cabinet components. Quanex stands for building an inclusive, diverse culture that values innovation and continuous improvement and a place where success is fueled by passionate people who do what they love every day.
What’s expected in this role?
We’re looking for a hands-on leader who is accountable for contributing to Woodcraft’s strategic plan and annual operating plan for your assigned locations. You’ll be responsible for building and leading teams that meet or exceed safety, quality, service, productivity and financial goals. With the ultimate responsibility for the performance and production of your assigned plants, you’ll ensure the effective utilization of resources and inspire a culture that embraces safety, teamwork, inclusion, accountability, employee development and open communication in a manner that positively impacts our employees, customers, community and key performance metrics.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing management or a business related field. Experience in lieu of education.
- Ten or more years of progressive Manufacturing experience and a minimum of five years in a leadership role with P&L responsibility.
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of achieving financial and operational results.
- Experience in working within fast paced, complex, dynamic business environment.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Ability to flex from strategic thinking to results-oriented solutions that are quickly implemented across operations.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building, coaching and the ability to build a culture and motivate people is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be highly motivated and results oriented.
- Experience maintaining positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Work is performed in an office and production environment and requires up to 50% travel.