- Communicate with internal and external customers by email or phone concerning orders, quotes, shipments, and products.
- Enter customer orders efficiently and accurately the day they are received via email or fax.
- Ensure customers receive Acknowledgments, Advanced Shipping Notices, and Invoices for their orders at the correct location and person.
- Monitor customer orders and report any pricing errors immediately
- Review customer backorders each day, discuss with Production, and communicate as needed with the customer and Shipping for the timely delivery of these items.
- Inform the respective Sales Manager of any customer issues they should be made aware of.
- Initiate SharePoint form to create, modify, or delete information in a customer account file.
- Initiate SharePoint form to create new SAP material numbers required to process customer orders.
- May be asked by Sales to research/gather sales history or data on a customer.
- Always act professionally when communicating (verbal or written) with internal and external customers.
- Assist with gathering customer sales data to accurately reflect month-end sales.
- Work with the customer and Quality Department to ensure timely and accurate replacement material is shipped to the customer.
- May be asked to participate in customer plant visits.
- Suggest additions or changes to Customer Service processes to the Customer Service Manager.
- Stay informed of new product offerings.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned (This applies to all positions).
NATURE AND SCOPE
Communicates regularly with internal and external customers verbally and electronically.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern business communication systems
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in diagram form
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Education, Credentials & Experience:
- Requires High School Diploma
- Up to 3 years’ experience in the Customer Service field or related area
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- As established by manager, willing to work overtime as requested