Order Entry Supervisor
The Order Entry Supervisor is responsible for managing the order entry process in such a way that there is an accurate transfer of customer order information to production schedules and ship dates.
- Develop and maintain a uniform, documented system for order entry.
- Supervise the order entry staff, including staffing, orientation, training and performance management.
- Manage the day-to-day order entry transactions for E21 customers.
- Assist with order entry transactions and scheduling.
- Monitor order entry, preparation and distribution of daily production records and other plant paper work regarding customer orders such as pick lists and EDI translators.
- Assist in developing programs and systems in conjunction with IS personnel to effectively handle the needed improvements to allow for more detailed and accurate data for all users (i.e. E21 implementation and testing).
- Maintain file cloud storage records on orders, correspondence, and other material for each customer.
- Track and publish measurable data as needed through order entry tracking reports, error tracking data and non-matching EDI pricing.
- Ensure efficient internal and external mail procedures for invoices and acknowledgements that are not electronically processed through Active Fax.
- Add new parts to the system through the configurator based on established rules for each customer.
- Manage EDI process, including adding parts and order release procedures.
- Understand ERP applications pertaining to order entry and production requirements.
- 2-year post secondary degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience; preferably in similar industry or manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organization, planning and implementation skills