Sr. Sales Representative
The Sales Representative is accountable for contributing to the achievement of Woodcraft’s sales goals and cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers which typically generate multi-million dollars per account each year. Participates in the development and implementation of all sales policies, procedures and strategies to ensure achievement of maximum sales volume potential consistent with sales plans and profitability objectives. The Sales Representative is expected to leverage internal partners and share customer feedback in order to provide exceptional customer service and deliver quality products to our customers.
- Represent the Company in the planned and aggressive selling of products and capabilities in assigned territory pursuant to established sales goals and policies. Continuously promote the quality and performance advantages of Woodcraft Industries’ products to ensure the retention and further penetration of profitable business.
- Participate with the Vice President of Sales in developing short- and long-range goals relating to customer identification, market position, profit, and in other significant areas that will contribute to the growth and profitability of the Company; develop sales and marketing plans, strategies, and programs required attaining authorized goals and objectives.
- Ensures customer communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives and meets organizational requirements.
- Recommends and champions new programs and ensures required documentation and processes are in place.
- Partner with product development and product engineering to develop samples for use by the sales team.
- Understands and effectively communicates customer quality expectations.
- Evaluate, on a continual basis, product sales activities, progress and results and, where appropriate, promptly take or recommend corrective action to facilitate the attainment of established goals.
- Manage and coordinate inquiries regarding company products including:
- Promptly respond to requests for product information from customers or prospects.
- Recommend to customers the products that will meet their application and performance requirements.
- Arrange and oversee customer visits to build customer confidence in the Company’s production and quality control capabilities.
- Interface with customers and Company personnel to ensure proper product specifications consistent with identified application and performance requirements.
- Establish realistic sales forecasts for assigned products and customers to aid in production planning and budgeting.
- Develop a relationship with all account personnel, buyers, engineers, quality, operations, designers, and other Company representatives to introduce and promote the Company’s products and capabilities.
- Work with marketing, operations, and appropriate Company personnel to prepare pricing and programs for customers in a timely manner and presents these programs to the Account in an organized, professional manner.
- Investigate, evaluate, and coordinate with other departments in order to resolve customer problems/concerns; personally contacts the customer, as necessary, to explain late shipments, products that do not meet specifications, or other difficulties.
- Maintain a continual awareness of competitors, their capabilities, prices, sales, and marketing strategies.
- Keep the Vice President of Sales informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Report details of all sales calls within one week of contact to Woodcraft key managers.
- Portray to customers, prospects, and other employees professionalism, maturity, and activities that are within company guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or a related field. Experience in lieu of education.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive sales/product management experience involving OEM accounts.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Industrial/manufacturing sales experience within the wood products industry strongly preferred.
- Technically competent to effectively promote Woodcraft’s service, quality and performance advantages.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and initiate effective sales performance in assigned product groups.
- People oriented and results driven. Exceptional selling and negotiation skills and techniques required.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, prospects, internal colleagues, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).