Repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, and resolves complex issues related to motors, pneumatics, tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Repairs and reconditions hydraulic/pneumatic systems (airlines, solenoids).
- Maintains, repairs, and modifies extruders, pullers, calibration tables, saws, and refrigeration equipment.
- Repairs and maintains plant water systems.
- Replaces and repairs electrical equipment/components.
- Repairs and maintains material systems.
- Fabricates and welds parts for repairs, retrofits and modifications.
- Installs plumbing, air and electrical utilities necessary for machine operation.
- Ensures machine properly functions (voltage, proper operation).
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
- 3+ years’ experience.
- Formal training or OJT with electrical theory and mechanical applications.
- Good knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical applications.
- Good work ethic and demonstrated leadership with the ability to foster teamwork.
- Good organization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple on-going projects.
- Good adaptability with the ability to switch directions quickly and professionally.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, ability to read and understand blueprints desirable
- Proficient technical and systems experience.
- Good manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs