Quanex is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Master Planner/Scheduler at our Rice Lake, Wisconsin, facility. The Master Planner/Scheduler’s main function is to establish a rapport with internal and external customers and maintain good customer relationships/communications for all parties. Will schedule jobs, plan for finished goods and work in process from the business plan for respective area of responsibility.
- Talk with customers, national, regional and manufacturer’s representative by phone concerning orders, quotes, returns, shipments and products. Receive & enter orders.
- Call customers when necessary to advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Plans and schedules manufacturing activities utilizing MPS and MRP reports as well as input from the shop floor.
- Prepare, issues, maintains and/or adjusts schedules and manufacturing jobs to the production departments on a timely basis to attain maximum equipment and labor utilization while meeting the customers daily order requirements.
- Coordinates production status at Tier meetings, along with recommended solutions for problem areas.
- Balance finished good inventories using methods to assure inventory goals, planned level and returns that have been established by the production schedule.
- Issues, expedites and prioritizes manufacturing jobs to ensure adequate but not excessive work in process inventories and finished goods.
- Dispatches all production lines ensuring that all materials components are available to support manufacturing jobs that are released to the shop floor. Recommend and/or make the appropriate changes to the schedule or materials if shortages occur.
- Maintains WIP and finished inventory control by doing weekly floor stocks and cycle counts.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- A high school education plus 3-5 years work experience in materials management, production supervision or inventory control is required.
- Excellent planning, organizing and communication skills are required.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.