Tooling Maintenance Technician
To work as part of a team with various departments providing a fully functional tool to meet customer expectations in a quick, yet efficient manner using SPC and other resources available.
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair and reassemble tooling after production or test run.
- Prepare tooling for production set-up.
- Help diagnose and correct problems encountered running tooling on line.
- Cleans and repairs dies heads and flange plates.
- Operates Sonic Tank to clean dies or other tooling that is made completely from stainless material.
- Inspect tooling for wear, damage or other discrepancy and take appropriate action.
- Wire, test, install and maintain heater bands and accessories.
- Conduct water pressure test for leaks and proper flow.
- Operate Extrudehone machine to restore profile polish in dies after production run.
- Operate high pressure hot water unit to help assist in cleaning and unjamming of calibrators.
- Legibly document and maintain information to insure fully functional tooling.
- Understand set-up/operation of Die/Calibration systems
- Able to operate without supervision: Extrudehone, Band Saw, Belt Grinder, Bench Grinder, Feeler Gauges, Flow Meters, Power/Hand Tools, Sand Blaster, Solvent Tank, Sonic Bank
- Proficient with shop math