Accounts Payable Clerk
This position will be responsible for A/P and payment processing for Quanex NAF entities, expense report review and processing via Certify Travel & Expense processing software, ACH transactions via automated upload to bank software; preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and special projects.
- Responsible for processing vendor invoices in multiple ERP systems.
- Responsible for processing employee expenses in Certify Expense Software (includes review of all expense reports and related receipt support for compliance with Quanex travel policy, electronic communication of exceptions, and payment processing via ACH or check).
- Responsible for A/P payment processing (includes wire, ACH and check run initiations).
- Matches all checks and ACH transfer advices with the supporting invoice detail to validate payment accuracy.
- Maintains electronic A/P files for retention.
- Performs General Ledger /Monthly closing activities related to accounts payable, including preparation and entry of all assigned journal entries and completion of Closing checklist and other supporting documentation, in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned Account Reconciliations and corresponding checklist in a timely manner.
- Responsible for analysis of assigned Balance sheet accounts on a monthly and continuing basis.
- Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley compliance in the performance of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Completes special projects as assigned by management.
- Individual must have excellent organizational and data entry skills.
- Individual must have ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent general PC skills.
- Ability to work with and create in the following software - Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets), Certify Travel Expense software, and other banking or proprietary software necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Must demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines..
- The position is involved in SOX documentation and is a key control point in the approval process related to Accounting functions.
- Must be able to produce required documentation for all transactions upon audit.