Responsible for the coordination of data and work flow in order to process all shipments in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner.
- Organize daily work plan based on schedule and priorities.
- Receive orders and coordinates shipments with customer service, and accordingly, with various carriers.
- Print reports, pick lists, back orders, bill of ladings, and packing slips.
- Create freight bills for outgoing shipments when needed.
- Work with customer’s customs brokers and freight carriers.
- Work with both internal and external customers to ensure on-time-delivery is maintained.
- Prepare UPS shipments when needed.
- Call carriers for less-than-a-truckload shipments.
- Complete data entry and file documentation.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ shipping and receiving experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Good computer proficiency with a variety of software applications, including MS Office Suite, and shipping/inventory programs
- Good professional communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as across the organization.
- Good organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, while prioritizing workload, in accordance with deadlines.
- Good self-management skills, with the ability to work with and contribute to a diverse team.
- Able to work at a fast pace, with the ability to switch directions in accordance with business demands.