Tooling Maintenance Lead
The Tooling Maintenance Lead will be responsible for leading a team and work with various departments in providing a fully functional tool to meet customer expectations in a quick, yet efficient manner using SPC and other resources available.
- Set department priorities and assign work to employees.
- Diagnose and correct problems encountered running tooling on line.
- Plan and implement Quick Change procedures and tooling modifications.
- Work with other departments to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Operate Bridgeport for drilling, counter-boring, milling, etc.
- Train employees on methods or equipment.
- Operate ultrasonic cleaner to maintain proper tooling profile finish.
- Complete forms or paperwork (tag lists, die requests, logbook, etc.)
- Operate Extrudehone machine to restore profile polish in dies after production run.
- Prepare tooling for production or testing set-up.
- Inspect tooling for wear, damage or other discrepancy and take appropriate action.
- Operate pressurized hot water unit to maintain calibration and conduct water pressure tests for leaks and proper flow.
- Wire, test, install and maintain heater bands and accessories.
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations (e.g. attendance, safety glasses)
- Understand set-up/operation of Die/Calibration systems.
- Two years’ experience working in Tooling Maintenance or Tooling Assembly.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to self-manage responsibilities, as well as the responsibilities of others.
- Good familiarity with OSHA safety standards and SPC, while demonstrating company safety policies.
- Good math proficiency.
- Good professional communication skills.