MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepares product for finish operation: Filling holes with putty and sanding smooth, hands out dents and router chatter, removes burnish lines by hand or machine sanding. Measures each size of board to ensure correct dimensions and inspect boards for defects. Counts boards on pallet and compares amount with listing on "Shop Packet Worksheet." Complete labor top and related information for "Shop Packet Worksheet."
- May be assigned to conduct inspection of a routine or repetitive nature and to ensure compliance with pre-established customer specifications and quality standards.
- Performs other production functions as assigned by supervisor. Maybe assigned to fill-in for other employees on a temporary or as needed basis.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with company, department and section policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a "team" approach throughout the department.
- Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems, quality issues, and other information related to work.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
---At least 6 months (for entry level I) of production, assembly or related work experience where job duties involved the frequent use of hand tools.
---Manual/finger dexterity skills.
---Ability to perform repetitive work requiring high levels of concentration.
---Ability to lift 25 pounds.
---Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
NOTE: For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised that there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working in our facilities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
---Knowledge of production and/or inspection methods and procedures as they apply to assigned work.
---Demonstrated ability to perform assigned job functions in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
---Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards.
---Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures.
---Cooperates well as a "team" member.