Within the manufacturing and extrusion process, this position is responsible for assisting in the recycling of material into a quality reusable product.
- Grind chips, curls and lineals for the pulverizer
- Pulverize reground material for compounders
- Clean grinders and pulverizer bags, operating parts and filters.
- Weigh and record weight of scrap materials
- Transport gaylords of powder/regrind material to and from lines or other designated areas
- Fill gaylords with material
- Identify and eliminate sources of contamination
- Cut parts to recycle
- Use fork lift to perform tasks as needed
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- 2+ years of experience driving electric and/or propane forklifts with a good safe driving record; certification required.
- Previous experience operating mechanical and electrical hand tools
- Familiar with operation of all grinders and pulverizers
- Able to work independently and complete assignments with little or no supervision
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
- Able to follow directions and flexibility to respond to problems and changes in job assignments
- Good team player with the ability to work well with others.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently