Maintenance Tech II & III
Take leadership role in maintaining manufacturing equipment and facility in such a manner as to maximize up time at the least cost to production-related goals.
- Determine, by scheduled inspections, the maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns and major overhauls.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul production equipment and support systems.
- Use work orders to determine job priorities. Use CMMS system to document work activities.
- Works directly with Production Supervisors to coordinate maintenance related activities and holds routine meetings to facilitate discussion and planning.
- Perform and monitor preventive maintenance tasks on appropriate manufacturing and facility equipment. Assure tasks and frequency are ideal for high reliability and low life cycle costs.
- Coordinate and complete equipment installation, relocation, design/fabrication etc. Coordinate with contractors to assure projects meet objectives, are on time and on budget.
- Assist in maintenance of building facilities and grounds.
- Train machine operators in preventive maintenance procedures and minor repair techniques.
- Provide technical assistance to all production personnel, on machine setups, ways to utilize equipment, and other areas as needed. Assure safety equipment is in place and functional.
- Maintain parts inventory of responsible equipment and support items like welding/cutting supplies, steel, pipe, tube, fittings, etc.
- Take active role in cleaning and organizing maintenance shop, office and storage areas.
- Follow and monitors safety rules and procedures. Acts as a safety advocate.
- Keeps Maintenance Manager advised of any and all Safety/OSHA deficiencies.
- Help maintain fire protection and safety equipment.
- Work on projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Two-year technical college degree or equivalent in related field; 3+ years of related experience
- Strong mechanical ability; Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics; Electrical systems knowledge and repair
- Welding and machine shop experience; Woodworking or relevant equipment experience
- Strong verbal, written, oral communications skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of safety and environment practices, regulations, and procedures; Certified in First Aid / CPR / AED
- For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working in our facilities.