Compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
This description represents the most significant job duties but does not exclude other work duties that may be assigned as needed to assist production and protect the customer as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Mechanical and Soft skills aptitude testing-TBD. Current 3 craft placement tests to be used until replaced.
- Intermediate mechanical skills. Is familiar with most power transmission equipment. Is able to perform mid level PMs/repairs Rollformers, packaging equipment. Able to identify potential machine issues.
- Fabrication: Skills sufficient to fabricate carts, stands, pallets, basic machine components, guards etc. Cut, drill, shear, weld, mill/lathe. Skills sufficient to fabricate machine components, bases, frames, guards etc.
- Electrical: Intermediate troubleshooter. Makes use of multimeter. Volts/Amps/Ohms. Can install electrical supply 120-208/480 up to 30 amps without instruction.
- Pneumatics: Able to assemble and/or install most pneumatic valves, FLRs, plumbing. Is able to perform air compressor PMs. Able to install air piping without assistance.
- Hydraulics: Able to perform PMs on all hydraulic equipment. Can replace most components including in-house hoses.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively. Damaged components, electronic sensors, AC-DC motor issues, air/hydraulic function, checking fuses and voltage.
- Customer oriented. Fully understands needs of production. Communicates well Supervisor, Lead, team members and Production.
- Willing to train others up to their skill level. Willing to take further training or education.
- Is capable of basic tasks in other crafts.
- Must come equipped with own tools of the trade.
- Is able to utilize power tools and machine tools.
- Must work overtime on short notice as required by production.
- Must maintain a valid forklift license.
- Assists other technicians with removal and replacement of equipment and tooling.
Accurate and legible record keeping ability required including but not limited to daily work logs, general work orders, preventative maintenance work orders and tool crib procurements.