At the direction of the Director, Plant Finance and Costing, performs cost and financial account analysis to ensure accurate, timely, and compliant production cost reflection. Participate in the preparation of journal entries and process documentation to ensure financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Facilitate the monthly financial close by preparing thorough work papers for accruals, allocations, account reconciliations, and management estimates.
- Analyze monthly sales details, cost of goods manufactured and book to physical inventory reports to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our financial reporting system.
- Evaluate inventory valuation for Raw, SFG, FG inventory and associated reserve determination(Obsolete, Slow moving, Lower of Cost or Market)
- Develop and implement solutions to improve inventory turns and cycle count accuracy for assigned business units.
- Review and PPV accounting and ensure clarity to drivers are explained from analyst team
- Review production capacity and determine appropriate Excess capacity accounting is in place
- Review organizational BI/metric reports for consistency and accuracy
- Participate in physical inventory counts
- Approve standard cost updates in ERP System
- Facilitate the annual standard cost update for Labor and Overhead rates
- Create and communicate annual budget and forecasting for assigned business units or locations. Integrate staffing plans against appropriate fringe costs. Establish cost of materials structure, create budget.
- Create, justify, and coordinate detailed Capital Equipment expenditures planning
- Participate in Kaizen events regarding production cost improvements
- Ensure Proper Cost center and Profit center accounting compliance within the organization in ERP System is achieved
- Analyze and prepare journal entries and reconciliations, as part of the closing process as assigned.
- Complete research, evaluate, and recommend changes to policies, procedures and cost center and profit center account structure. Assist the accounting team with special projects as requirements dictate.
- Coordinate with both Internal and External auditors related to fixed assets.
- 25% Travel requirement.