Supervisor, Tooling Maintenance
This position is responsible for leading the Tooling Maintenance team that is in turn responsible for supplying the tooling needs and requests for Production, Testing and Extrusion Technology, in a timely and quality conscious manner. These objectives are expected to be completed within approved budgets, company guidelines in an ethical, environmental and legal manner.
- Lead Tooling Maintenance (TM) team and activities for a 24/7 facility, continually monitoring production support processes and communicating with Machine shop, Assembly, Testing, and Design to support Production operations and tooling needs.
- Oversee the maintenance and prevention maintenance of tooling maintenance equipment to ensure productivity requirements are achieved. Analyze improperly working or damaged tooling and decide on corrective action to take. Work directly with Facilities Maintenance to schedule and repair equipment as necessary.
- Evaluate and develop team members, capabilities and capacities to facilitate individual team member growth.
- Facilitate regular team meetings, promoting an “all one team” approach within the shift, department and plant.
- Establish and maintain a system of continual process improvement for Tooling Maintenance to achieve higher quality, lower costs and reduce rework within the organization. Engage Trainers and facilitators to ensure best known methods are used during tool maintenance and repair.
- Monitor department safety, identifying hazards and taking corrective action to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Support injury investigations and develop plans for future prevention, as necessary.
- Support conformance with company guidelines and legal requirement. Conduct performance appraisals, develop and use plans for employee training and development.
- Facilitate regular team meetings using participative leadership techniques with the individual teams of tooling maintenance. Maintains an “all one team” approach within the shift, department and plant.
- Participate in recruiting process, as necessary, selecting and hiring associates in accordance with state and federal laws ensuring the highest quality candidates are selected.
- Work with outside contractors, vendors and suppliers to obtain parts and supplies as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant Tooling experience, plus at least 2 years in a lead role.
- Formal training or OJT with electrical theory and mechanical applications is required.
- Electrical schooling and mechanical experience preferred.
- Broad and in depth understanding of the fenestration industry.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and coach others.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to plan and distribute workload among team members fairly and equitably, in accordance with department expectations and timelines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with the ability to make and incorporate solution recommendations.
- Good computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, as well as SAP, Time and Attendance and other systems utilized within the facility.
- Ability to travel to other facilities, as needed