The Maintenance Tech II maintains the manufacturing equipment and facility in such a manner as to maximize uptime at the least cost to production-related goals.
This description represents the most significant job duties but does not exclude other work duties that may be assigned as needed.
- Determine, by scheduled inspections, the maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns and major overhauls.
- Design, install, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul production equipment and support systems.
- Maintain fire protection and safety equipment.
- Use work orders to determine job priorities, and assist Team Leaders and Plant Manager in scheduling work to be done.
- Train machine operators in preventive maintenance procedures and minor repair techniques.
- Provide technical assistance to all production personnel, including supervisors, on machine setups, tooling, grinding operations, ways to utilize equipment, and other areas as needed.
- Make purchasing decisions and maintain part inventory.
- Follow and monitor safety rules and procedures; participate in Safety Committee meetings.
- Aid in the training and development of team members.
- Assist in plant layout and design.
- Work on projects as directed by the Plant.