The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the centralized Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, Cash Disbursement, Credit and Other Related Accounting Functions for our North American Cabinets Division.
- Supervise central Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable processing team with ability to manage remote team members.
- Prepare and process weekly cash disbursements via check and ACH.
- Collaborate with Corporate Treasury in maintaining banking functions (positive pay, exceptions, reporting, access to bank platforms, etc.)
- Process international wires.
- Maintain files tracking cash management and reconcile monthly with Corporate Accounting and banking entities.
- Post general ledger journal entries and reconcile assigned accounts as required.
- Maintain and perform SOX controls related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Disbursement, Credit and Other Related Accounting Functions.
- Generate reporting as needed for functional areas.
- Assist with Balance Sheet management and forecasting for functional areas.
- Assist with audits, both Internal and External.
- Coordinate and responsibility for certain compliance items such as Sales Tax payments, Sales tax audits, property tax, governmental surveys and filings, 1099 filings, etc.
- Direct activities related to the division ERP systems related to functional areas and strive for continuous improvement. Manage functions across five ERP systems.
- Participate as a team member in Accounting and Finance initiatives.
- Introduce and lead continuous improvement ideas related to functional areas.
- Oversee division records retention and document management activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of related Accounting experience
- Computer data entry skills – accelerated level
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, & Excel
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to work with detail in fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional manner