Who We Are
Quanex Building Products is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has locations around the world. We are an industry-leading manufacturer of components sold to Original Equipment Manufacturers in the building products industry.
Our mission is to positively impact our customers both internal and external, employees, and shareholders and put them at the center of everything we do, through innovation, technology, best-in-class customer service and excellent returns.
What We Offer
We offer a very competitive benefits package that includes nine paid holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, medical/dental/vision insurance, and prescription drug plan, life insurance, AD&D insurance, ESPP, wellness program, pension plan, 401K and more.
The primary function of the Maintenance Electrician is to perform duties to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair existing equipment, as well as the installation of new equipment. Works from prints, work orders, MSR’s and written & verbal instructions.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical control systems.
- Install, program and troubleshoot PLC’s, VFD’s, and SERVO drives/controllers.
- General electrical wiring as needed.
- Repairs and/or builds equipment per instructions.
- Makes diagnosis of equipment problems and failures.
- Makes parts as specified.
- Moves, resets, and reconnects equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks.
- Makes recommendations to the Lead/Maintenance Supervisor in reference to on-going projects
- Participates in on-going training programs as assigned and directed by management.
- Replaces and repairs electrical equipment/components.
- Fabricates and welds parts for repairs, retrofits and modifications.
- Ensures machine properly functions (voltage, proper operation).
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Ability 3+ years’ experience
- An electrical certification or Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Position requires the use of the following tools/equipment: Use calipers, welder, hand tools, power tools, multi-tester, grinder, milling machine, forklift, tape measure and computer.
- Prefer experience and familiar with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E electrical codes and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical applications preferred.
- Strong work ethic and ability to demonstrate leadership and foster teamwork.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple on-going projects.
- Ability to adapt and switch directions quickly and professionally.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, ability to read and understand blueprints desirable
- Good manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have an excellent mechanical aptitude, cutting and welding knowledge, and computer skills. The position requires some wood-working ability and an ability to utilize and obtain a forklift, walk behind and scissor lift licenses.