Maintenance Journeyman Millwright
Maintenance - Journeyman Millwright
March 1, 2019
March 11, 2019
12-hr Shift – May be Days or Nights
Performs duties as a Journeyman Millwright, in the repair and maintenance of manufacturing facilities equipment.
- Work safely by following all company safety policies. Properly use all required PPE and/or safety equipment.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, request parts and equipment in order to complete repairs
- Repair production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex machinery, performing both basic electrical and mechanical work
- Repairing critical equipment, performing preventive and predictive maintenance, and completing projects such as mechanical and basic electrical hardware upgrades
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings using hoists, lift trucks, hand and power tools
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, micrometers, laser alignment equipment and plumb bobs
- Operate lathes, mills, drill presses and other equipment (welding) to turn machine parts to specific dimensional specifications, as required
- Communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with production regarding important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion
- Participate in daily shift meetings, prioritizing and reviewing work orders to schedule daily work
- Use analytical tools to determine RCFA, Failure Modes, and Condition-based Monitoring results and use that data to drive improvement
- Acquire new electrical, mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge, to better support the business.
- Successful completion of a 4-yr accredited apprenticeship, or equivalent relevant experience
- Superior level break-fix & preventative maintenance experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance experience required
- Experience with laser alignment, belt tension, and other precision maintenance tools
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems
- High ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform repairs
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency, and knowledgeable of CMMS
- Strong professional communication skills
- Team player that is a highly disciplined, problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
Able to lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.