Production Operator - Nights
Day & Night Shift Available
Work as part of a team as well as independently to run and maintain assigned extruder machines to efficiently produce quality window parts that meet customer specifications with minimal downtime or waste.
- Participate at pre-shift meetings to review Safety, Quality, Production targets
- Review schedule, work with team to hit targets while maintaining a safe work environment
- Place parts into crates and labels according to packaging procedures and safe body mechanics.
- Perform quality checks on parts and documents results as a part of standard work tasks.
- Identify and inform proper person of defects (sink lines, weaves).
- Anticipate the demand for needed materials by planning and monitoring the lines.
- Cut and weigh product samples for Q.A., testing or customer.
- Record sold quantity, scrap quantity, line speed, SPC and O.E.E.
- Assist with set-ups and change-overs.
- Ensure hopper and water misters are properly filled and other process parameters are being followed.
- Clean saw, saw-bags, down-streams, and extruder. Maintains excellent housekeeping protocol through a 5S system.
- May adjust extruder to ensure correct dimension and weight.
- May adjust calibrator blocks, die heats, extruder speed, water flow and vacuum to ensure correct dimension and surface.
- Carry various packaging materials to the designated areas in the team.
- Push finished product carts to the staging area, replace empty cart and pre-load the first stage of packaging.
- Keeps area clean and organized (cleans floor, machines, walls, etc.)
- Good reading ability (9th grade math and reading level); able to read and understand packaging layouts and other manufacturing documentation.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to log into and enter data accurately within a variety of systems.
- Good team player with the ability to work well within a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and SPC, preferred
- Stable work history; 1+ year of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Ability to use air guns, banders, chop saw, hand tools, calipers, radial arm saws and other equipment as needed.
- Must be able to work any shift.