This position will work as part of the management team responsible for managing financial processes, establishing and monitoring effective internal controls, financial statement preparation and reporting, general ledger maintenance and analysis, supervision and development of Accounting staff, interpretation of financial data for change recommendations and process improvements.
- Manage AP / AR, internal controls, and asset management processes
- Manage the travel expense reporting processing
- Manage internal controls and SOX compliance and completion of yearly internal/external audit processes
- Facilitate sales and use tax and property tax completion
- Coordinate the month end closing process with emphasis on Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Assist in quarterly and yearly financial statement reporting and Quanex quarterly reporting requirements
- Manage cash and balance sheet forecasting and participate in cash flow analysis
- Maintain and monitor all financial control systems to assure continued compliance with Mikron policies, GAAP and other applicable accounting standards and principles, and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance.
- Provide analysis as needed on monthly sales details, Cost of Goods Manufactured and book to Physical Inventory Reports to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our financial reporting System.
- Assist with Capital Asset Accounting and Reporting.
- Monitor Tax Developments & Taxing authorities, Analyze and Assist in the preparation of applicable Annual Tax related returns and reports as required
- Analyze and Report on financial and operational information. Investigate errors and inconsistencies and make appropriate recommendations for corrective action.
- Develop, analyze and produce documentation for internal and external reporting, compile reporting documentation for management reporting.
- Work with other departments to diagnose and resolve financial reporting problems.
- Responsible for the supervision of others and general supervisory duties.
- Direct the Accounting/Finance functions of the organization including Accounting, Account Analysis, Cash and B/S Analysis, Treasury, Tax (Property and S&UT) and Administration.
- Assure proper inter-company transactions and balances
- BS (or equivalent) degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- CPA desired.
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience in manufacturing preferred, with 3 or more in a management role.
- Fenestration industry a plus.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Oracle, Epicor and/or Infor desired.