2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Under general supervision, is responsible for the direction and motivation of his/her employees to achieve department goals of quality, production, safety, etc. to stimulate and lead employees in continuous improvement. Responsible for production flow, and resolution of problems that occur within the department.
1. Develop and execute plans to meet or exceed departmental and division goals of productivity, quality and cost efficiency.
2. Monitor priority dispatch and customer service requirements.
3. Identify, analyze and act to correct bottlenecks, product defect rates, safety hazards and maintenance problems.
4. Assist Engineering in originating RFE’s for required equipment to improve quality, productivity, and capacity.
5. Counsel, motivate and instruct departmental personnel in machine operation and owner-operator procedures. Address employee concerns and morale problems.
6. Give feedback to department personnel through performance appraisals.
7. Administer company policy fairly and consistently. Discipline employees when required as per company policy. Resolve employee conflicts fairly as they arise.
8. Pro-actively presenting ideas and information concisely, accurately and clearly in both oral and written form.
9. Working effectively with other peers, subordinates and all levels of management to achieve divisional objectives and promote teamwork.
10. Establish base data for departmental budgets, reforecasts. Manage assets and control expenses per budgetary guidelines and divisional objectives. Keep and maintain files and documentation to support activities in the areas of planning, problem solving, leadership, communication, training, and carrying out company policy.
11. Uses or may come in contact with Personal Health Information (PHI) or Individually Identifiable Health Information (IIHI) in duties performed. Follows all established procedures to maintain confidentiality of PHI and IIHI.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Production Supervisor position at Homeshield – Richmond reports to the Plant Manager. The Production Supervisor is a crucial link between the hourly production employee and management staff. The incumbent has a direct impact on controlling the profitability of the division by managing manpower, productivity, material flow, preventative maintenance and control of scrap and rework.
The Production Supervisor has a direct impact on employee motivation, teamwork and morale. The individual must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills to encourage cooperation and pro-active employee involvement.
Manufacturing schedules range from 20 thousand to 30 thousand thresholds per week. The production supervisor must be skilled at resolving problems and meeting schedules. The supervisor must be capable of operating all department equipment to provide training and assistance when required. A B.S. degree and/or 5-7 years experience in manufacturing or supervision is required. The individual must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.