QA Process Technician
This position works with all manufacturing departments including Testing and Extrusion to help maintain Window and Door System’s (WDS) commitment to provide the highest quality products in the marketplace. This is accomplished by auditing all processes, verifying conformance to all WDS quality standards and training all production employees on proper procedures and customer expectations.
- Performs destructive and nondestructive testing of all extrusions per AAMA and customer requirements.
- Trains production employees on Quality Standards and Measurement Methods.
- Advises production personnel of customer requirements and concerns.
- Approves new and revised tooling.
- Audits in process extrusions for conformance to all Window & Door Systems specifications.
- Audits Surface Treatment processes to assure proper bond strength and coverage.
- Audits Fabrication process to assure conformance to all specifications.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data to evaluate the performance of extrusions.
- Performs in dept tests and measurements to ascertain conformance of specification.
- Familiar with AAMA and fenestration programs preferred.
- ASQ Certified preferred.
- Experience in the Extrusion industry preferred.
- Skilled in the study of Metrology and Statistical Analysis.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
- Must display professional conduct with all WDS team members.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently use AutoCAD, Excel, Word and statistical programs.