Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatics, tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Repairs and reconditions hydraulic/pneumatic systems (airlines, solenoids).
- Maintains, repairs and modifies extruders, pullers, calibration tables, saws and refrigeration equipment.
- Repairs and maintains plant water systems.
- Replaces and repairs electrical equipment/components.
- Repairs and maintains material systems.
- Fabricates and welds parts for repairs, retrofits and modifications.
- Installs plumbing, air and electrical utilities necessary for machine operation.
- Ensures machine properly functions (voltage, proper operation).
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs.
- Participate in daily shift meetings, prioritizing and reviewing work orders to schedule daily work.
- Acquire new electrical, mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge, to allow better positioning for advancement.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- 5+ years experience.
- Formal training or OJT with electrical theory and mechanical applications is required.
- Strong background in PLC, drives, motors and basic electronics
- Electrical schooling and mechanical experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills desired.
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge and/or computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) knowledge preferred.