Responsibilities for this position include: Cash tracking/management, Journal Entries and Month-end close activities, Account analysis and reconciliations, Budget input to the ERP, Sales Tax and GST return preparation for multi-state and Foreign operations, Variance analysis, Expense report processing, Vendor masterfile maintenance.
- Performs General Ledger /Monthly closing activities including preparation and entry of all assigned journal entries, completion of monthly closing checklist and other supporting documentation in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing activity for all bank accounts and recording the appropriate monthly cash journal entries in the General Ledger.
- Interfaces with bank on all banking activities: positive pay issues, cancellations and exceptions, stop payments, wire and ACH transfers,
- Manages intercompany cash transfers from foreign entities, tracks currency gains and losses on these for tax purposes, and makes all necessary Journal entries to accurately record transfer transactions.
- Records all Intercompany entries with Corporate and all other divisions, including both sides of entries. Communicates as necessary with Corporate and divisional staffs to insure that Intercompany accounts balance and will eliminate properly.
- Assists in the input and balancing of the annual Budget into the ERP system.
- Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley compliance in all aspects of performance of job responsibilities and for coordination of internal testing of all cycles on a quarterly basis. Also responsible for electronic retention of testing documentation for audit purposes.
- Responsible for preparation of Sales and Use and GST/PST returns for multiple jurisdictions on a timely basis.
- Responsible for a large volume of account reconciliations including analysis of assigned Balance sheet accounts with supporting documentation on a monthly, continuing basis.
- Responsible for acting as a back-up and support for the Certify Accountant, ensuring compliance with Quanex travel policy,
- Performs all vendor set-up and routine maintenance to vendor master to maintain data integrity, insure payment accuracy and comply with internal controls.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Finance Department management.
- Responsible for Subledger account balancing and month-end reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or higher from Accredited College/University along with 2+ years of relevant experience or any appropriate combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent general PC skills. Ability to work with and create in Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets).
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to recognize trends.
- Needs the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Oracle, Epicor, Infor CSI and/or Infor Adage desired.