Qualys is looking for International Accountant to join their International Accounting team at Pune office. Primary responsibilities include managing the monthly accounting, payments and reporting process for Qualys Inc particularly for General Ledger processes. This is a unique position offering greater breadth and career opportunity than traditional accounting roles.
- Preparation & recording of Journal entries, Maintenance of General Ledger (GL) accounts for all Qualys International entities / locations,
- Handling AP activities – setting-up new vendor records, invoice processing, periodic / ad-hoc payment runs & reconciliations,
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy & adhering to strict timelines for periodical accounting close for all Qualys International entities / offices,
- Thorough knowledge & hands-on experience in Record-to-Report (R-2-R) process in similar set-up,
- Ensuring accuracy of transaction posting, maintaining complete documentation and carrying out periodic reviews.
- As a part of GL team/ process, responsible for preparation of month / quarter / year end schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting and matching of inter-company transactions and balances.
- Analysis of various areas of P&L and BS e.g., Expense and Variance analysis/Flux analysis.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and working for assigned processes along with compliance to US GAAP (SOX), IFRS as well as local statutory laws.
- Provide assistance and support for internal and external audits for assigned processes.
- Actively participate in Accounting / Finance process improvement initiatives, focused on standardization and automation opportunities globally.
- Working on ad-hoc reporting / special projects as requested by the management / business users.
- Business or Accounting degree required, MBA (Finance) preferred.
- Accounting experience with IT MNC’s with a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-national software product company or SaaS preferred.
- Good understanding of accounting particularly IFRS/US GAAP including practical application.
- Experience with NetSuite (Oracle Application), Concur and Coupa is preferred.
- Strong attention to details and good problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with analytical and reporting background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shift working may be required for this role with a few hours of overlap with US west coast time zone.