Database Reliability Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Cassandra installation, configuration, performance tuning in multi DC environment.
- Add / Remove nodes in the clusters without downtime.
- Perform troubleshooting in Cassandra related issues.
- Good at Cassandra data-modeling.
- Oracle Database Administration
- Identifying the bottle-necks and performance tuning.
- Responsible for integrity and security of the database.
- Monitoring performance and managing configuration parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Installation and testing of new databases as well as patching of existing live databases.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Go extra-mile in understanding business application and suggest / perform necessary database or architecture changes
This position will report to the Director (Operations). Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of extensive experience managing Cassandra, Oracle databases.
- Apache Cassandra database administration on a multi-datacenter cluster.
- Extensive experience with Oracle 10g, 11i, 12c
- Extensive experience with Oracle technologies like ASM, VPD, table space encryption, RAC, dataguard, etc.
- Should have extensive knowledge of Oracle diagnostic, monitoring and troubleshooting tools to identify database performance bottlenecks, and take appropriate corrective actions to improve database performance.
- Extensive experience in database support in performance tuning, database troubleshooting, RDBMS patching, and locks detection.
- Knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints).
- Solid knowledge in Oracle security practices.
- Knowledge of operating interrelationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
- Understand hot and cold backup planning.
- Familiarity with real time data synchronization.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Must be able to work with multiple groups to resolve data issues.
- Must have experience of working in mid to large size production environment.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 on-call customer facing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS environment a big plus.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Should have a valid passport.
- Must be able to work in a cross cultural environment.