Solution Architect, Web Application Security
As a Solution Architect for Web Application Security, you will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and work closely with members of the sales team with the goal of bringing in new business. You will provide technical expertise in the WAS domain (to include API vulnerability testing), have a deep understanding of Qualys WAS and deployment options, propose/architect solutions for customers, and lead successful evaluations of the product.
This is a remote position to primarily support the Eastern and Central time-zones in the Americas, but other locations may be required.
- Train sales teams (TAMs) and provide product and technical support during all phases of the sales cycle
- Manage successful WAS evals/POCs with the goal of winning new business
- Understand customers' compliance and security requirements and design end-to-end solutions based on the Qualys web application security product line
- Help customers as needed with product deployment, setup, and configuration
- Work closely with the and Qualys Support, TAMs and the WAS Product Manager to make customers successful on an ongoing basis
- Convey new or unusual customer requirements to Product Management and Engineering teams
- Respond to WAS-related questions from existing customers
- Attend and/or speak at conferences and other cybersecurity events per needs of Marketing and/or Product Management
- Constantly learn and stay on top of the latest developments in the WAS domain and also in the larger web application security ecosystem
- Contribute in the development of product related sales-enablement packages and product messaging
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience (5+ years) with web application/API security as well as web application/API attacks and vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10 for Web Applications and APIs)
- Deep knowledge and/or practical experience in web application penetration testing, scripting languages, and application vulnerability management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Any programing or integration experience in the past will be highly beneficial
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, (or equivalent experience).