The SOC Manager will manage the daily functions and operations of the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center within Qualys. The SOC Manager will be responsible for maintenance and refinement of the Qualys Incident Response Program.
- Lead a 24x7 technical team in the detection and management of security events and incidents.
- Revise and develop processes to enhance security monitoring and response capability.
- Coordinate incident response activities in collaboration with other internal teams to achieve successful and timely resolution.
- Organizational development, personnel management, goal setting, training, and scheduling.
- Ensure staff analysts and engineers are performing ticket management within SLA.
- Develop an achievable set of security performance objectives and then measure and report performance against those metrics (MTTD/MTTR, etc).
- Conduct periodic assessment of key operational issues and potential problems to upper management.
- Create executive-level reports for high-severity incidents as necessary
- Review and action violations of organizational security policy
- Coordinate and participate in on-call duties as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in systems and security administration.
- Should Relevant experience in SOC and leading a technical team
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT focused.
- Knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols, principles, standards and defense in depth.
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing, speaking, and presenting to peers and directors
- Must be a team player capable of contributing to Qualys’ mission through collaboration with fellow teammates and other stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable in threat detection, network traffic analysis, and advanced threat tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of firewall, IDS/IPS, EPP/EDR, FIM, WAF, VPN, and other security protective/detective controls.
- Experience in defining and capturing metrics and KPIs
- Experience in security event analysis and security operations.
- Possess an industry certification like CompTIA Security +, CISSP, CEH, etc