Data Architect, Cloud Data Platform
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Data Architect, Cloud Data Platform to enhance the core data platform used by Qualys’ next-generation products. Working with a team of engineers, you will be responsible for analyzing the current data, data sources and usage patterns. This is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to the data at the heart of all Qualys products.
The ideal candidate has a proven record of accomplishment of mastering specific types of databases, such as relational or foundational databases, building scalable backend pipelines, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher and learner.
As a data architect, you will be responsible for
- Identifying installation solutions for new databases
- Determining the requirements for a new database
- Publishing and/or presenting design reports
- Identifying areas for improvement in current systems
- Coordinating with other team members to reach project milestones and deadlines
- Auditing database regularly to maintain quality
- Providing scalability solutions for datastores having 100s of terabytes of data
You will be reviewing the application architecture and identifying the data scale needs. Drive the efforts to investigate the innovative technologies and do POC and then responsible for rolling out in production. Be the face and developer advocate of data platform technologies.
You will be constantly in the hunt for better solutions out there to resolve the current scaling, availability, and cost-effective alternative solutions.
Work closely with engineering teams, product management and operations to provide data platform features and components to support Qualys’ business objectives.
You should ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by predicting and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they’re needed. Ensure collaboration, communication, and proper expectation setting across teams. Put in place and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring the quality and reliability of automation services. Research, evaluate and adopt next-generation technologies.
A day in the life…
- Apply advanced concepts, theories, and principles to create multi-disciplinary innovations and solutions for the most complex or risky data source related situations
- Contribute to development of new data platform principles and concepts
- Collaborate with and suggest best practices to application teams in Qualys
- Provide thought leadership across multiple teams to ensure that systems and services are designed, and operating to achieve optimal levels of performance, reliability and sustainability interacting with data platform in Qualys
- Ensure security coding practices and security system fundamentals across multiple teams
- Demonstrate ability to identify key areas to instrument across multiple teams
Who you are...
- A leader and a trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies.
- A teacher. You can mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience.
How we work...
- With others. We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We do not encourage silos.
- With agility. We do not believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or related field.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with developing SaaS (Software as a Service) based software products and solutions for service-oriented deployments in public (AWS (Amazon Web Services), GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Azure, OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure), etc.) or private clouds.
- Ability to lead and influence team members to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process, etc.
- Prior experience with RDBMS systems and NoSQL databases.
- Proven expertise in data-driven critical thinking problem-solving
- The ability to analyze and present statistical information
- Mastery of specific types of databases, such as relational or foundational databases
- Experience with database management software
- Data management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complicated concepts in simple terms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to debug systems of software and people
- Demonstrated passion for innovation with an ability to work within agile software development methodologies
- Data platform design / build utilizing Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Ceph, Flink, Spark, Hadoop or similar technologies
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.