The Essential Duties include but not limited to following areas:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of benefit plans for the Americas such as health, flexible spending, health savings accounts, commuter, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and 401k in accordance with plan documents.
- Manage the full life cycle of the benefit plan renewals for the Americas region, including project management of timelines and activities; new vendor, carrier, or program implementations; contracts, amendments, and plan documents; participant communication and education; etc., with Qualys culture in mind
- Evaluate benefit trends and identify new and innovative offerings, risks and opportunities in alignment to Qualys’ strategic direction
- Prepare required and ad-hoc cost model, forecast and deep analysis for regulatory compliance; financial analysis; internal reporting; projects and strategic initiatives; and as required for brokers, vendors, and carriers or internal stakeholders.
- Resolve escalated benefit/leave issues using a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Manage activities for internal and external audits, and annual compliance (ACA,5500) notices, forms, and filings; coordinate activities and deliverables between internal and external partners and carriers to ensure accuracy and on-time completion in WorkDay
- Act as the subject matter expert for Workday as it relates to benefits and leave including integrations with carriers, testing and product release, ensuring full functionality of system
- Create and maintain documentation of reporting processes and training guide for end users.
- Leaves/Absence Management
- Serve as the liaison for the LOA third party administrator, shared services and payroll to ensure efficient and seamless processing of employee leave requests
- Is the subject matter expert in all leaves for the Americas including FMLA/ADA/Workers Comp/COVID
- Manage the workers compensation program, including investigations and partnering with Facilities/Finance/Payroll
- Manage budget allocations
- Participate in the development and execution of the employee engagement and retention initiatives including wellness, holiday events, company activities, giving campaign, and activities that drive engagement
- Maintenance of filing systems and paperwork archiving for the areas of responsibilities, transitioning to electronic where legally acceptable.
- Serve as back up to HR Coordinator
- Other tasks as needed
- 7+ years of continuous work experience in a fast paced, multi-tasking work environment specific to HR
- At least 4 continuous years of the 7 years specifically in benefits / leave administration
- Strong knowledge of FMLA/ADA/ Leave compliance, required
- Workday experience, required
- Advances MS Excel skills to include pivot tables, vLookups, formulas, required
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics.
- International experience, a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-manage with excellent organizational skills and a sense of urgency
- Conflict management skills, desired
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in Human Resources or related field, a plus