Principal Software Engineer
Qualys is seeking Principal Software Engineer to join our product development team (11+ years experience) . As a Principal Software Engineer Engineer, you'll be tasked with managing a team of engineers and solving distributed computing problem at scale.
- Mentor the engineering team.
- Contribute & Participate in design, development, deployment and make sure its inline with the product roadmap and other components.
- Make sure that right design and standards are followed by the team.
- Making sure that the product is running soothly in production environment.
- 11+ years hands-on Java engineer who has developed SaaS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployments in public or private clouds.
- Has technically managed/mentored a team of 5-6 people.
- Has a track record of delivering a product from development to deployment and maintaining it
- Have built scalable SaaS platforms using microservices/distributed systems architecture using:
- RESTful API's.
- Messaging middleware using JMS, AMQP, Kafka, NATS, etc.
- In-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Strong Java programming skills including object oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent